Friday, July 15, 2016

Hyperdimension Neptunia

After 3 months of sitting on the 64gb card I bought from Japan, I finally filled it up with all the PS Vita games I've been collecting digitally over the years. I recently started up Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth and after clearing the first dungeon, I thought this game was going to be a piece of cake.

Then they started throwing one shot kill enemies at me. I've died more in one hour than I have in all of Tales of Xillia 2, and I've already logged in over 10 hours in that one. Here I thought I was in for a nice and relaxing romp through a parody of the console wars. Joke's on me. At least grinding is easy.

This is really the first proper JRPG I've played on the Vita and I can see why the genre is such a great fit for the system. Just jump in, grind out a few levels, and continue. I could certainly use this kind of simplicity given the constraints of my current day schedule. Hopefully it won't take me forever to beat the game.

Now back to grinding...