Friday, July 8, 2011

Protagonist

You are the main character of your own story. Who could be more important than yourself? Sure, there are people important to you, but they're only important because you know them. They're the supporting cast, but you're the lead. When it comes to writing stories, you have to mind your audience--even if you're the only one.

That's why I act as if someone is always watching me. Simple tasks such as taking a seat or opening a door must be done with grace and poise. There is a meta-camera following me, recording my every move and it would be quite ill if I were to present to this camera my uncouth side--though, with repeated practice, I have practically banished all uncouthness from my demeanor.

It doesn't matter what I'm doing, because I always put on my best face.